Friday, January 21, 2011

Don't read this

If you read this, you'll know that I don't have it all together. *Shock* I think I managed to refrain from laughing hysterically yesterday when a friend mentioned she pictured me as one of those calm moms at home, peacefully doing yoga with my kids. My kids would tell her differently (or would likely mimic my yelling voice, which they find amusing more than anything).

Like my two year old has to tell me, "Mommy, I have a nail" as a reminder to cut her fingernails and toenails, and I'm always apalled at how long and curved over they are (and awed that she can walk on them...maybe she'll be one of those world record holders with the spiral nails...)

Or my son, who has gone without a hat and gloves for days now without me noticing, and they play outside everyday at his preschool. (But to be fair, it is the 3rd hat and glove set he's lost this winter, and I did rush out to buy him new ones this morning so that he wouldn't catch pneumonia on his class field trip/walk today)

And I made my son finish his bowl of ice cream before he could have his Lucky Charms snack (all before dinner). And the kid still isn't growing!

When my daughter awoke with a fever yesterday, my first thoughts weren't loving, but internal expletives as we've had a total of about two well days for her this winter. Her doctor just called in a prescription for her as she sees her on a bi-weekly basis anyway. That means I'll miss a parent's night out tonight...that I organized. Boo. And I feel really bad for Maryn, too.

But I was momentarily cheered yesterday, when Maryn, who has started drawing family portraits, drew me with a big smiley face (and a big belly in the middle of my face, but we won't go there). Maybe I'm okay after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment