Monday, December 19, 2011

Be still...

There is quiet.  No laughter in the office, and no students coming through the door.  The sun is setting and all is still.  This is a rarity on a bustling college campus.  It it the beginning of Christmas break.  The pace around here has gone from 70mph to 25.  I have a hard time figuring out how I should spend my newly found "free" time, a gift I've been praying for over the past 3 months.  I have a stack of books I've been waiting to read, and a January class that I desperately need to put the finishing touches on.  There are holiday preparations and craft projects to finish.  But for now, I relish the quiet, the calm.

These past few months have been a whirlwind; exhilarating, connecting, creative, busy, and affirming.  They have also been exhausting and draining, but not in the ways that in my former position led to burnout.  I feel settled here, at home, and actually eagerly anticipate the challenges the next semester will bring.  But for now, I rest.  "Be still, and know I am God".  I hear the voice, and I submit.



No comments:

Post a Comment