Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm baaaaack!

I was a little shocked to open this blog and discover my last post was about Christmas.  Yikes.  Suffice it to say that things have been busy, but I think it's more than that (and everyone uses that excuse, legitimately).  Writing is a discipline, one that's easy to let slide.  It involves work, and thought, and vulnerability.  Sometimes I feel that my thoughts are too mundane, or my emotions too negative and I don't really want an audience or outlet.  But I've been feeling the drain of not processing my experiences, and have found that writing is the best opportunity for me (as an introvert) to do that.  My mind has been muddled and my anger and frustration levels have flared far too often.  I've been rushing through my "to-dos" and hardly accomplishing anything at all.  I talked a good talk with my "Spirituality for Busy People" class last semester, but haven't been walking the walk (or blogging the blog, apparently).

So I'm back, better than ever!  Just kidding.   I can't promise that, but I strive for improvement in all facets of my life.  In addition, I'm struggling to grant myself the grace to not always demand perfection (from myself and from others).  I'm seeking to find gratitude in the beauty of my life, the way it is now, not the way I dream it will be.  I'm searching for ways to unearth and share my authentic self and use my gifts in a way that touches others.  I hope you'll join me on the journey.
© Patrick McDonnell, “Mutts”, as printed in the book Guardians of Being, words by Eckhart Tolle and art by Patrick McDonnell, 2009, New World Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment