Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What this introvert wants you to know

image from http://www.jennifersoldner.com/2013/06/top-10-things-every-infj-wants-you-to.html?m=1

I may be quiet, but don't assume I have a voice.  I'm slow to speak, but quick to think and to feel.

I may be kind and gentle, but don't mistake me for a doormat to step on.  I will not lay there and take abuse.

I may not react like you expect, but understand I will respond in time and in my own way.

I may show flashes of anger and irritation, but once I am heard, you will find deep caring at the root of it.

I may tire easily with lots of interaction, but I am also renewed by deep one on one conversation.

I may seem awkward at times in social situations, but I truly long to connect.

I may not hold up my end of the conversation, but know it's because I'm truly listening to you.

I may not contribute well in group work, but that doesn't mean I don't have ideas.  I process internally before I speak, so allow me the time and the space to think and speak without being talked over.

I may be sitting alone, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm lonely.

I may be an introvert, but that doesn't mean I can't also be a leader.



No comments:

Post a Comment