Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Breathing space (#31 days to Sanctuary day 8)

I used to read Oprah's "O Magazine" primarily for one feature.  She would always have a lovely photograph that inspired meditation and reflection and it was called "Breathing Space".  In days when I'm rushing around from task to task, I often realize that my breathing has become shallow and tense.  It helps to stop and take a deep breath, and it always surprises me how renewing that is.  In looking through my own photographs, I've been inspired by the personal and family moments of "breathing space" that have been captured:





My kids are rarely this still; it's kind of amazing.


Brady took this photo of me without me even realizing it.  Sometimes driving puts me in that meditative zone (I'm not sure if that's a good thing).

How will you find your breathing space today?





No comments:

Post a Comment