Friday, January 3, 2014

One Word for 2014



I've had enough.  

I had enough of my inability to appreciate the beauty in front of me.  Instead of looking through critical eyes, I will choose gratitude and joy.

I've had enough of my impatience and the way it comes out in childish arguments with my own children.  I will listen empathetically and return their frustration with love and peace.

I've had enough of reminding my kids to "use their words" instead of melting down.  I will take my own advice and ask for what I need instead of being and martyr (and making everyone else suffer for it).

I've had enough of dreaming about things and yet not believing enough to work to make them come true.  I will choose courage over fear and take new opportunities to learn and grow.

I've had enough of thinking I about what I lack, when there is abundance in my life.  I will trust in God's provision and I will carry out my responsbility to share my blessings with those who are in need.

I've had enough of believing I have to work to measure my worth.  I will remember I was lovingly created in the image of God and that I'm worthy and loved because God made me that way.

Instead of worrying that there is not enough (time, joy, patience, skills, money, worth), I will have faith that there is enough.

I have enough.
I am enough.


In this new year, I wish you ENOUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment